August 25, 2009

Welcome

This blog is about trauma; specifically, recovery from trauma. You'll find my explanation and hopes for the blog on the sidebar, but it feels important to say a few things up front:

Guidelines

  • For purposes of this blog, all traumas are equal. If you experienced something as traumatic, and you are working to recover from that trauma (or considering your options for doing so) you are welcome here. This blog is not a forum for comparing one person's trauma to another's or for sensationalizing what has happened to us.
  • Trauma survivors, loved ones, and the professionals who work to help us are all welcome here. As the blog goes on I will be soliciting articles from professionals geared to furthering the conversation about effective treatments for trauma, and especially the things that we trauma survivors can do for ourselves.
  • I am not (yet) a professional counselor. That means you, the reader, need to take what I say with a larger-than-usual grain of salt. I will do my best to link to and write about scientifically and socially valid treatments, but/and I welcome corrections, further explanations, and/or elaborations. My opinions, of course, are mine alone.
  • As you may get from the above, comments are welcome. Comments that serve only or mostly to advertise your business, however, will be deleted, as will any comment that I as the editor deem to be abusive, exploitative, or in any other way out of line with the purpose of this blog. If you want to write about your practice or approach to healing trauma, ask me first.
Get it, got it, good?? Great! Thank you, future readers, for what I plan to be a thriving online community.

No comments:

Post a Comment